This event takes place on 7th March 2020 from 10:00am to 4:00pm and will take place at All Saints & District Village Hall, Nr Axminster, East Devon, EX13 7LX. It is a Guild event being organised by Quilters' Guild Region 4, .
Come and spend a day with Brenda Thomas who is giving a talk in the morning and lead a mini-workshop in the afternoon. There will also be a sales table, raffle and "show and tell".
People say Brenda
Thomas makes “Happy Quilts”. They are colourful textile
pictures in the naive style, often of South West seaside villages,
usually with her dog Murphy somewhere to be found.
appliqué with a combination of free motion stitching, satin stitch
and the fancy stitches on her sewing machine.
In 2018 Brenda had a touring exhibition with Grosvenor Shows and in August this year, an exhibition at Cowslip Workshops, where she also teaches. Brenda will explain how she began sewing, show her quilts and talk about how they are made.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are included in the cost.
£10 for members, £15 for non members, Young Quilters (under 18) Free.
Download your booking form here
Remember to bring a packed lunch and your latest creation for "show and tell"
For the workshop you will need:
- Sewing machine, preferably with ability to drop feed dogs.
- Threads of many colours and including variegated if possible.
- Fabric – small pieces and colourful scraps. Some blues and greens for sea, sky and land.
- Bondaweb (there will be some available if you don’t have any).
- Iron and board – mini ones will be fine and can be shared
- Felt will be provided for the base